Friday, June 22, 2012

Fun Friday - How Come We Remember These?

When I was a young teacher, this commercial was popular and nothing would do but I learn to sing it up to speed - and I did.  I am certain that my first attempts were just like some on this video.  However, to this day I can sing it verbatim and cannot pass the Golden Arches without at least thinking of those words.  Brilliant isn't it?

But this has got to be the one that we ALL know.  Sing along.  


Now wasn't that fun?  But what is it that makes them stick in your head so long?

2 comments:

Colleen said...

The BBC actually did an article about this songs that stick in your head. They're called earworms. Here is the article: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17105759

Embro Thistle Singers said...

Of course, BBC did an article. Thanks for the link. It is amazing that after all these years, I can sing these word for word. Ear worm indeed.