Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Tonal Tuesday - When Is Cheesy All Right? - California Dreamin'

Cheese isn't just something you put on a burger.  It is sometimes what you put into music.  I have watched many You Tube videos of choirs and I have seen my share of what I think is cheesy performance.  I honestly find some movements during singing very interuptive.  Too much movement takes away from the music.  I end up focusing on the movement and not the sound.  Check this out and see what you think.

Here are the Mama's and Papa's doing the same song.  They have to be forgiven those costumes as it was the 60's after all but I don't find the movement (and there is much of that ) quite as distracting as in the first video.

So what do you think?  Am I all wet?  Should we be careful about what movements we use when singing and why?  Please leave your message as a comment.  We can't wait to hear from YOU!!

No comments: