Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tonal Tuesday - Unstuck Your Rut with I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker

The quieter times of summer are made for listening to music.  I don't know about you but I sometimes get stuck listening to the same music over and over again.  That in itself isn't' a bad thing.  However, I find that when I open myself to something new, I hear totally different things and my whole person goes to a different place.

As a teacher, I used to tell my students that they weren't allowed to use the word "LIKE" unless they were committing money to purchasing music.  Until then, they were to stay open and let the music play and find something about it to appreciate.

Early on, I dismissed rock music as unworthy of study.  I sure changed my mind when I started to actually learn about the music.  The historical roots and chord progressions were amazing and the changes brought about in recording and playing by technology changed everything.  Do I LOVE it all?  NO!  But I am not buying it all so it doesn't matter.  I do however, appreciate it all.

Listen to this and vow to appreciate something really unique about it.  Click on Comment below and tell us what you think.


No comments: