Sunday, June 11, 2017

Musical Monday - Thunderstruck by Steve'n'Seagulls

Arrive at your gig on the lawn tractor with your accordion.  These guys are having so much fun you can't help but enjoy it too.  
Now, don't you dare start making assumptions that "this isn't music" or acceptable or the like.  One of the lessons I learned as a teacher was not to dismiss any genre.  I learned so much when I finally realized that all music had value.  My students learned that too.  The first time we studied Amahl and the Night Visitors, I told the students to get over the big opera-style voices and get into the story and the music.  Once they learned not to dismiss the music that was unfamiliar, they loved it.  
We all need to travel that road.  The only time we allowed the word LIKE in our discussions was if we were going to lay down money to purchase something.  Otherwise, we APPRECIATED it all.  Try it, you'll appreciate it!!



No comments: